Prusa Research Original Prusa i3 MK2.5S/MK3S/+ Multi Material 2S Upgrade Kit (MMU2S)
Original Prusa i3 MK3
If you already have MM for MK2/S, you should buy Multi Material upgrade kit - from MK2 to MK2.5/MK3.
Now compatible with the Original Prusa i3 MK2.5/S and MK3/S 3D printers, MMU 2.0S went through a major revision, resulting in a simpler and more reliable design. The number of simultaneously supported filaments increased to the total of five, which enables the users to print even more complex and more colourful objects.
MMU 2.0S comes with a redesigned body and a new filament loading mechanism. Instead of the previous Bowden system, the new unit uses a direct-drive feed and a single PTFE tube to lead the selected filament to the extruder. The motorized selector head has a F.I.N.D.A filament sensor and a built-in blade, which prevents filament jamming.
FULL FEATURES LIST
MULTI MATERIAL UPGRADE 2.0S FEATURES
- Completely redesigned body: less complex and more reliable design
- Printing with up to five filaments at the same time
- Old Bowden system replaced with a direct-drive loading mechanism with only a single PTFE tube leading filament to the extruder
- Less sensitive to filament quality
- Second generation electronics
- F.I.N.D.A. filament sensor
- Motorized selector head with filament cutter
- Power loss detection and recovery
- Smart software features: Smart wipe tower, Wipe to infill, Wipe into object and many more
- Works in two modes: Multi-Material Mode and Single Mode (Single mode is the same as printing on MK3/2.5).
COMPATIBILITY INFORMATIONPrinter Compatibility:
- Original Prusa i3 MK3/S
- Original Prusa i3 MK2.5/S
- Flex (coming soon)
- Soluble Materials (BVOH, PVA)
Please note that current lead time to delivery is approximate 3 weeks.